At Mint Health Clinics Bakersfield we are here to provide routine exams for patients in Bakersfield, CA.
The goal of the exam is to determine the status of your overall health.
Purpose of Annual Exams
- Check for any diseases or health issues.
- Check for necessary immunizations.
- Identify potential medical concerns.
- Check that you are maintaining your health.
This exam also tests and checks blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure levels.
This screening will enable you to know if there is something wrong even before something bad happens.
What should bring to a physical?
To maximize the benefits of your physical exam, we suggest you take the time to understand and gather the necessary paperwork such as:
- Any current medications you take.
- Any pain or symptoms you are feeling.
- Any and all results from relevant health tests.
- History of surgical and medical history.
What happens during a physical examination?
Usually, a nurse will come first and ask you questions regarding your health.
They will ask how you live as well including if you smoke, drink alcohol, and how much you exercise a week.
After that, the Doctor will begin to inspect your body for any growths or marks that may look unusual.
Then, you may have to lie down and they will begin looking to various parts of the body to make sure everything is healthy.
Your doctor will also check pulse, height, and weight.
Once that is done, your Doctor will ask you some questions and if everything looks good. You will be able to go about your day in Bakersfield, California.